I had to share this quote I came across the other day. As I journey through faith and building conviction, I find this very relatable. Sometimes, you have to let go to receive more, and I find that in many ways this theory is not far from the truth. :)
Anyways, on to food talk!!!...
I was privileged to spend the Thanksgiving break with family this year. There was plenty to eat and drink, a lot of reminiscing, a lot dancing - pure joy! There's nothing more refreshing that being around people who understand you, and completely route for you! I decided to try making something I hadn't in a while and most people voted for Scotch Eggs! I figured I shared this easy recipe with mes beautes intelligentes (my nerdly beautifuls), enjoy! :)
Level: Medium Yield: 8 Scotch Eggs Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hr
- 800g Pork Sausage (similar to this, the one I got was already seasoned!)
- 8 eggs
- A bowl of 2 beaten eggs
PROCEDURE 1. Boil all 8 eggs, until they are perfectly hard boiled. (Check out this video if you're not sure how to do this.)
2. Flatten the pork sausage to make sort of a patty to surround each egg. This step is a little tricky, so don't expect not to break apart while you do this. One thing I did was patch the area that broken open with extra pork sausage, and it still came out well. :)
3. Lightly coat each ball with flour.
4. Dip in the bowl of beaten eggs, and make sure the ball is properly coated.
5. Roll in the breadcrumbs, also making sure it's coated well!
6. Deep fry until it's golden. You want to flip it over halfway so all sides fry properly.
7. (optional) Bake in preheated oven for 10 mins.
And you're done!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes! Xx..
Bon Appetit, -Onivie