I'm a pancake lover and thus finding healthy delicious pancake recipes is always a mission for me. I usually have egg whites and turkey bacon for breakfast (on the good healthy days lol) but I find routines quite mundane and have to mix it up mid-week with something different. So when I found this recipe, I got excited because it takes minutes to make, AND it's actually delicious! They don't taste like your typical pancakes made with all purpose flour, but because the oats leaves a bit of texture they still reserve that pancake taste and consistency. Overall, I think this makes for a great alternative to regular pancakes, and is filled with all the protein, vitamins and fibre you need to get your day started!
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- sugar free maple syrup (to serve)
1. Combined peeled bananas, eggs, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a blender
2. Allow the mixture to blend until it's very smooth and then leave the batter to stand for 10-15 minutes so it thickens.
3. Spread a thin layer of coconut oil (or whatever you have. Olive oil is great too) on a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat.
4. Fry a large spoon of the batter until both sides are golden brown.
5. Set aside, let cool and serve with a side of eggs, fruit and a cup of tea!
Don't forget to leave me a comment below letting me know how it goes. Also like I said, I'm on the hunt for healthy breakfast recipes so please do tell if you know of any.
Have a great week ahead <3